To add favourite, simply click the when viewing our homes
My Favourites Clear All

You love where you live, all of your friends and family live nearby, your kids go to school down the road and you’re a part of the community. There’s just one hitch - you’ve outgrown your home. A knockdown rebuild may be the perfect solution, a brand new home that matches your lifestyle, right where you want to be. Here’s everything you need to know about the process.

Does your block need a soil test and contour survey?

Before you can demolish your old home, a soil test and contour survey will need to be completed. A soil test will identify what kind of foundations your new home will require while a site survey will indicate the slope of your land, service connection points, easements and existing features to assist with the new design.

When should you demolish your home?

Before you call your local demolition contractor, make sure you have finalised your plans and specifications in your building agreement and that your new home has been approved by council. You will also need to obtain a demolition permit.

What will your demolition costs be?

Ask your demolition contractor to visit your site first and provide you with a comprehensive quote for the cost of the demolition. The quote should include the cost of permits, labour and equipment, the removal of materials and estimated worth of salvageable items.

What else should be included in my tender?

  • Storm water treatment – some councils may require a hydraulic engineer’s design f or treating stormwater.
  • Flood affectations – low lying, coastal or other areas identified by council may require you to undertake flood studies, raise the floor levels of your home, or use site specific building materials. Your 149 certificate will tell you if you are in a flood affected zone.
  • Existing services - availability, location and the condition of existing essential services such as gas, sewer and power need to be considered.

Eden Brae Homes are on-hand to guide you through the entire process, from your initial site assessment right through to your post move-in warranty inspection. You’ll know exactly what to expect, and when to expect it, at every stage of their fully transparent knockdown rebuild process.

Related posts

  • Your land is about to be registered. What happens next?

    Posted on 23rd December 2020

    Your deposit has been paid and your land is about to be registered. Once settlement goes through, you’ll begin to pay interest. To avoid paying more than you have to, it makes sense to ensure that the gap between settlement and the start of construction is as short as possible. Eden Brae Homes actively helps its customers to use that time well, ensuring the transition from empty block to dream home is smooth and speedy.

    Read More
  • What does a 'House and Land Package' really mean?

    Posted on 14th May 2020

    The term house and land package seems self-explanatory, but understanding what is and isn’t included can be tricky.
    Read More
  • First Home Loan Deposit Scheme.

    Posted on 10th January 2020

    The new year will be off to a flying start with the Australian Government’s introduction of the First Home Loan Deposit Scheme on 1 January 2020.
    Read More
Photographs on this website may depict items not supplied by Eden Brae Homes, such as furniture, window furnishings, landscaping, retaining walls, fencing, decorative landscaping items, water features, pergolas, pools, decks, outdoor fireplaces and barbeques. Any prices on this website does not include the supply of any of these items. Images feature upgraded items - please talk to a sales consultant for detailed home pricing.