Intergenerational Living at Bristol 30
THESE days, intergenerational living is a part of life for many families – both short-term and long-term.
In some cases, parents, an adult child and their family may decide to live together, pooling resources so they can live in a larger yet comfortable home. At other times, families will support each other in caring for children and the elderly.
With the high cost of living, young adults may decide to stay with their parents well into their twenties to save for their education, a home deposit, or other lifestyle goals. Then there are those with relatives from overseas who might opt for a lengthy stay but still enjoy having their own space.
At Eden Brae Homes, we design floor plans that anticipate and accommodate a family’s changing needs. The spacious four double-bedroom Bristol 30 comes with separate downstairs guest accommodation that makes life easier for visitors staying overnight. Also, a guest suite can add to the value of your property.
The Bristol 30 offers three floor plans to choose from:
- Guest suite Ideal for entertaining and guest accommodation. The powder room is easily accessible for visitors and adjacent to the guest suite for those staying the night. The separate lounge area gives flexibility, providing seclusion if required.
- Guest suite and two-way powder room This layout positions the powder room closer to the main living space, and with two entry points gives over-night guests the comfort and convenience of an ensuite bathroom.
- Guest suite living and two-way powder room This choice allows for a largely self-contained suite. There are doors separating off the lounge and connecting it directly to the guest bedroom, allowing it to be a private space if required. The powder room is an ensuite and accessible from the main living area, making it flexible to the needs of the family.
With the guest suite situated downstairs at the front of the house, it’s well positioned for less mobile, elderly relatives or for young adults who want to come and go without disturbing the household. However, with a shared kitchen, laundry and other facilities, the family unit remains.
Bristol 30 is a generous family home over 282.5 SQM (30.4 SQs). It offers:
- Guest suite (including powder room and lounge)
- Large open plan living, dining and kitchen area
- Separate laundry
- Alfresco dining
- Double lock up garage
- Four double bedrooms
- Bathroom with separate WC
- Master bedroom with walk in robe and ensuite
- Games room